Sunday, March 26, 2017

Florida 2017

We ended our spring break with a trip to Florida to visit my mom and dad. The kiddos went last year, but every year gets better and better as they get older and understand more (and have more fun with the new experiences!).

Brian came with us this year (thank goodness because my back is still not 100%), and we flew out of Dayton. Linc was super excited about the flight, but Declan was pretty nervous. He wouldn't step onto the plane, and he kept saying - I'm scared! Linc helped coax him on, and Brian and I installed the carseats so they would be safe and have something familiar to ride in.

Taking the shuttle to the airport...


Declan kept his lovie on his face for take-off and then became immersed in his Kindle.


The kiddos did great in the airplane. They were quiet, respectful, and although they didn't sleep - they were happy! Lollipops and starburst go a long way as well! We landed in Punta Gorda and had to rent a car. I think we are the happiest people when we get an affordable upgrade to a minivan - Brian asked for the most "supped up" van, and we walked away with a 2017 something or another. I was just happy for more space. Once we got settled, I told the kiddos to take a nap. Of course they fell asleep about five minutes from my parents so we drove around for a bit to let them get a sweaty sleep in.



Mom and Dad had everything ready for us when we arrived! Dinners, cool Ninja cups, new toys, and the favorite of the trip - big wheels! The boys were in heaven with the beach, pool, and warm weather.



We also enjoyed time with Gaga and Baba in their house - just hanging out, watching tv, blowing bubbles, and playing with toys.




Linc went to his first baseball game last year, and he loved it! We still tell stories about the game, getting a baseball, feeding ice cream to the ants, and watching one play of the game. I am not sure if Lincoln remembers the actual game or just through the stories, but he was really excited to go to another game this year with Baba and Daddy. The weather was perfect as we took in the excitement o the game from the third base line and the first base line. Linc played a little at the playground, ate chicken strips, and cheered on the teams. His highlight was absolutely getting ANOTHER ball. A security guard slipped him the ball as we were walking around, and Linc was in heaven as he played with the ball at the ballfield. He has slept with the ball since he got it.









We love this one covered playground - there is shade and it is perfect for the boys. Declan loved the big slides and Linc loved playing baseball :)



Brian and I took the kiddos to the beach on the last day for some photos. The kids didn't cooperate as much as I would have liked, but we got some good photos to frame.











The boys got pretty comfortable in the pool as well. By the end of the three days, Brian had both of them jumping in the pool. My mom had a "shark" for them to float in, and I was for sure that the boys would not get into it. They surprised me, and they both enjoyed floating in the shark and kicking to swim all around the pool!





It is always so hard to say good-bye to Baba and Gaga, but we will always have the memories of the trips. Linc is a very auditory kid - he LOVES listening to us tell stories. I know this trip provided many stories to share with him and help him and Declan remember these trips to Florida.


No comments: