Friday, March 17, 2017

Spring Break 2017!

I have been anxiously awaiting spring break because I was sure that my back would be better and I could enjoy the two weeks with the kiddos. My back is getting better although I am still a little slower and know my limits. And, I have had the first week to enjoy my kiddos and get some things done!

Lincoln had school this week so Declan and I got to spend the mornings together. It is not very often that Declan has the run of the house, and he very much enjoyed playing with all the toys on his own time. We had a lot of laughs as we played with cars, trucks, and trains, and he really enjoyed playing basketball and baseball in the house too since the weather was pretty icky. We also ran an insane amount of errands which is always easier with just one kiddo!

The afternoons were spent with both boys. We went to Graeters one day for ice cream, and they have an indoor play space. The boys LOVED shooting basketballs into the three different hoops. They also enjoyed the ice cream. We also meet Daddy at a play cafe one afternoon, and the boys played and played for HOURS. We decided to rent the facility for Linc's 4th birthday party in June which will be great for his classmates and a wide range of friends' kiddos.




Brian was off on Friday so he took the boys to the open gym. The boys, again, ran and ran (noticing a theme!?) and jumped on the trampolines. We met for haircuts and lunch. The below picture is of Declan getting his hair cut. This is so typical Declan - he is all business (as Brian says) when it comes to experiences. When he first rode the merry-go-round at about a year old, he held on tight, did not smile, but seemed to enjoy the ride. Just in a very business-like way. Today he chose the fire truck, got right in, did not fuss, and looked straight ahead while the girl cut his hair. All business - most of the time!

We leave for Florida on Sunday - a follow-up blog post to come!






No comments: