Some summer memories thus far...
Brian LOVES music. He listens to music that I hate. He is introducing Linc to some of his music (not the really LOUD stuff, thankfully) and they have shared a couple of moments watching videos and talking about the music. It is fun to see them bond and a little sad to see Linc turn into a "big boy" with his beats :)
Brian won a marshmallow shooter at work during a company outing. He showed it to the boys but we couldn't get it to work. Linc had never had a marshmallow before, but once he had one he loved them. I hid them in the pantry. Linc slipped into the pantry when I wasn't looking, climbed up and grabbed the shooter and the marshmallows. Then I heard a huge bang and "uh oh". This is what I found. He was quite serious and nervous until I started cracking up, and then he started laughing too.



Linc has wanted a bike for a while. His neighbor friends all ride their bikes and soar down the street. Linc finally got his wish when we got him a brand new bike. He tried out several different ones before he chose his favorite - a red and black "big kid bike" with his spiky helmet. We have gone on family walks every night, and he rides while we push Declan. Twice we have gone to my sisters which is a mile round trip, and he never slows down nor complains. My dad says this is Linc's first taste of freedom, and I can tell he feels free. He soars down the sidewalk and just holds his shoulders higher. He knows his helmet is cool, and he feels fast and invincible. If I could bottle that feeling up and give it to him when he needs it later in life, I would. My baby spreading his wings and flying and Declan is not far behind!
Somehow he still managed two boo boos...


He wears his helmet everywhere - the zoo, the playground, and in the car :)


We have been going to Ms. Susan's library hour since we moved here. We went religiously for the year that I stayed home and now go during the summer on Tuesdays. Declan is a great listener, and he usually lounges in my lap during the books and music. Linc sits alert and follows along with everything. He writes his letter of the day, answers the questions, and listens to the stories. He does not sing nor dance and neither does Declan, but they both sing the songs at home. Linc is more than ready for school, and I can only hope he is as good of listener at school as he is at library story time!


We went to the Plain City pool this week. It was actually really fun for the boys and we saw our neighbors there which was great for me because they are a big help. I was a nervous Nancy the whole time because the boys do not have floaties and do not know how to swim so I was vigilant about their safety, but it was a nice way to cool down on these 95 degree days!
It has not really rained this summer, but we did have one rainy morning. I broke out the paint, and the kiddos used water colors to paint pretty pictures. Declan did a great job with his supplies and only spilled his water once, and Linc really enjoyed painting his favorite subject - poopy.



We went to the Franklin County Fair with Sarah, Shaun and Nolan. It was a little hot, but the kids had fun looking at the animals, eating fair food, and looking at the various displays. It is nothing compared to the Champaign County Fair, but it was nearby and made for a fun Sunday morning.








No comments:
Post a Comment