Linc has taken on a new attitude toward helping Mama. He offers to make a mess and then clean it up. He takes his jobs very seriously!
Linc's new haircut. It was pretty shaggy, and I didn't want his new teachers to make any snap judgments about our parenting skills based on his surfer hair. He did great getting it cut - sat in his helicopter chair while the lady wet and cut his hair. He really wanted to eat a lollipop while she worked but quickly figured out sticky mess mixed with hair trimmings did not taste too great.
This Linc fake sleeping...but it is still super cute and exactly how he looks when he falls asleep for naps.
The boys were non-stop touching, wrestling, and just being crazy. I pulled out a move from my childhood where my father would just have enough of Sarah and me and pretty much draw a line in the sand on the couch. Our line was a pillow. This was the calmest they were all day.
Brian was out of town one weekend for a boys' weekend, and I took it upon myself to paint and decorate our mudroom. I have proved that I am a terrible painter but a good decorator. When we were getting the paint, there was a cool wall. I asked the boys to stand there and wait while I got my stuff out of the car. This is what they were doing when I looked up, and I started taking pictures of their love. Can't beat a good brick wall as a backdrop.
While Brian was gone I decided to also take the boys to the Ohio State Fair. It was super hot, but we really enjoyed our time there. I felt like super mom taking on the crowds alone, but the boys were very well behaved, ate their pizza while I ate my corndog, and we all left happy.
Every county in Ohio has a bench back in the ODNR area of the fair. We found the county that I grew up in and still hold dear to my heart.
There was a huge sand pit that the boys obviously love. It was in the shade with big fans - I loved it too.
Butterfly house is always a hit. Although when we talk about it now, Linc always says - NO TOUCH, MAMA. Guess I got my point across.
Brian and I took the boys to the Clippers game. Again, really hot, but the kids had a great time. We even sat for a couple of innings and enjoyed a beer (the adults, not the kids).
Finished up the summer break with a festival in London, Ohio. It was a Jazz and Rib festival but we really went for the Touch a Truck. Great time!


























1 comment:
love these keep them coming
Post a Comment