Saturday, January 30, 2016

Lincoln Soccer

Lincoln still LOVES soccer.  His confidence has soared as he has learned the routines and what to expect at each half hour class.  The class is for two-year-olds and he is one of the older boys in the class, but I am continuously impressed with his first time listening and how he tries every activity.

Lincoln is a bit distracted in this one by the girl next to him, but you can see how he follows the directions by himself without any prompting from me.






 I went to a conference in Chicago last week and the first part of the conference was about how large motor learning is connected to academic success, and I now really understand the elements that Locker Soccer use to build that motor planning and the sequential steps of those motor planning elements.  Standing on one leg, crossing midline, jumping and skipping all relate to near-point vision - the ability to focus on objects close up.  I am proud that Lincoln is progressing through many of these skills through his determination and practice.  As long as he enjoys soccer we will keep going!



 And the obstacle course...Lincoln is quite fast but he got caught up in a gaggle of children. He loves this part and will go around and around until he is so sweaty and tired.  He was so proud when Coach Mike complimented his big jump at the end :)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lincoln ! You have mastered those skills bring on the game! BaBA