Saturday, February 20, 2016

February Updates

The weather has been so crazy this February - cold and snowy and then super pleasant at times.  Today (February 20th) it is 65 degrees!  I took Lincoln to soccer and then his favorite place on earth - the zoo!  He was so excited to be back and danced all the way to the monkeys, elephants, and tigers.  Declan stayed home because he was taking a morning nap and then headed to the doctor.  He has a cold and we just wanted to make sure it was not in his ears again.

This past week we had our first snow day!  I was beyond excited to get the phone call that school was cancelled.  Brian was beyond surprised that they closed over two inches.  I said welcome to Ohio.  The boys and I lounged all day, watched a full movie (yeah for sustaining attention longer!), and of course cheered on the Price is Right.  It was a wonderful day and just what we all needed.

Snuggling for a movie


Our new hiding spot :)

Lincoln is still loving soccer.  We are going to sign-up for another session and then this summer add in another activity.  His confidence is so high, and he is actually pretty decent with his aim!



Declan had a month of many firsts!  He got his first haircut and first pair of big boy shoes.  He is beginning to take more steps so it was time to get him fitted for appropriate shoes to walk in while in public.  He does not love his shoes, but he is getting used to them.

Declan very unsure of his haircut :)


The bottom of his new kicks!

We also spent a lot of time at different libraries.  There are sooooo many Columbus libraries and many of them have wonderful children areas.  We have been exploring different ones in the afternoons, and Lincoln loves finding new books to read for bedtime.  I snapped this picture of Linc reading his digger book and look what I randomly captured in the background.  I knew I married this man for a reason :)


We welcome Gaga next weekend, and Lincoln is so excited to see her.  He is pretty bummed that Baba is not coming, but we will be invading their house in a couple of weeks for spring break!

He loves this neighborhood cat - we will miss him when we move!


No comments: