Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Happy Birthday, Declan!


How is it possible that my baby is one and no longer a baby but a toddler (well, closer to a toddler than a baby?)!

Declan has four teeth and one big dimple :)
Declan turns one tomorrow, but with the excitement of Halloween I wanted to post his pictures and party tonight.  We had pizza and cupcakes to celebrate a day early, and I think Declan ate his weight in pizza. Lincoln loves a good birthday party so we were all in good spirits celebrating our baby!




Brian, Linc, and I get in on the cupcake action...






Declan blows me away on a daily basis with what he understands.  He watches Lincoln like a hawk, and he picks up on everything.  He likes to roll his cars down the big car ramp, roll a ball with whomever will play with him, and open and close all the doors.  Lori was so surprised that Declan will roll her little play cars around the living just like the big boys.  He also likes to pretend in her play kitchen where he "pretends" to eat the food. :)



Declan is beginning to pull himself up on everything!  His favorite place to pull up is on the couch when I am laying on it, and he plays a peek-a-boo game.  He also pulls up in his crib, the ottomans, and the fire place (so not safe!).


Declan is talking!  He does not really babble, gooogoo gaaagaaa but he clearly says - hi, Dada, and uh?.  I think I have heard him say open and go get, but I am not sure.  It is a different feeling to hear your baby talking since Linc did not say a word until 18 months old, but Declan definitely knows what he means and what he needs.  He also signs "more" when eating and was furiously signing "more" in the grocery cart when he wanted more cookie :)


more cupcake!
Declan eats fairly well.  He went off formula a couple of weeks ago, and he gets enough solid food calories during the day.  He struggles drinking milk and water - we have yet to find a sippy cup he loves.  He will occasionally drink a bottle of whole milk, but I am trying really hard for him to consume his milk through a sippy cup instead.  He eats the standard kid fare and tends to turn his nose up to most "grown-up" food although we can sneak some in here and there.


As I have been saying for a year - Declan brings a sense of calm and happiness to our family.  I thought having two children so close in age would be near impossible, and there were moments I was not sure I would make it, but it was worth it now.  He was the easiest baby and is still a happy-go-lucky-little guy who adores all around him and brings smiles to everyone he meets.  We are truly fortunate to have two little guys that love life and is the good in everything (most everything) they do.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you and all those little smiles. You are growing up way too fast! Love GaGa and BaBa