Remember when I was worried that Declan didn't really crawl or show a lot of curiosity with his surroundings? Well, worry no more because Declan is on the move and rarely sits still. He will find the smallest speck on the floor, crawl towards it, and then eat it. He will charge toward Lincoln's toys, and wrestle with him to break the train tracks. Declan is beginning to reach up on higher things (ottoman and couch mostly) and trying to pull up. It really is true that all children develop at their own rates, and Declan is showing us that he is NOW ready to move and groove.
Declan also loves to eat. He has two small teeth coming on the bottom and one large tooth on the top. He is an adventurous eater and will eat pretty much anything we offer other than salmon which he completely turned his nose up to. He will eat what we are eating, and he takes nice bites on his own. We are working on the sippy since he will not have his bottle soon, and I think we finally found one that he likes.
Declan sleeps from 6:30pm until 6am without a fuss and is still taking two naps most days. He will sometimes skip his morning nap, but we are holding tight to the two naps until at least a year.
Declan says two "words" - hi and uuuuuhhhh? I am not sure if the uh counts, but he gets it from his brother and does use it correctly when he is surprised or confused. He practices his hi in the car after daycare, and when I open the door to get him from his carseat, he greets me with a huge smile and a "hi".
![]() |
| We love you Declan Dougherty! |



1 comment:
I think he loves GaGa and BaBa too!
Post a Comment