Wednesday, September 2, 2015

10 months old!


Happy double digits, my dear Declan!  Only two more months until the big birthday, and I am sure it will fly by!

Here are 10 things to know about our sweet little guy.

1.  Declan loves life.  He is always smiling, exploring, learning, and just taking it all in.  Declan smiles often and gives them out for free.  He is becoming a little more reserved with strangers and will nuzzle into me when he feels a bit shy, which of course I love the sweet nuzzle.  He lights up a room and people just eat it up.

2.  Declan moves and grooves....in his own way.  He has yet to actually crawl although he will get up on all fours, rock, and then decide to roll to where he needs to go.  He can scoot backwards which leads to him getting stuck quite a bit.  He moves all around his crib and often gets stuck in the slats.  I bought a breathable crib bumper but it is is not really helping to keep our Houdini locked inside.

3.  Declan eats but not quite as well as Lincoln did at this age.  If he likes the food then he eats it.  If he doesn't like it, he will let you know.  Declan doesn't do a great job of feeding himself, but believe me if it is a cookie, he will find a way to get it to his mouth.

4.  Declan sleeps fairly well.  He usually naps two times a day for about an hour each time.  Usually.  He has been fighting a cold so his naps are a little off right now.  Declan goes to sleep between 5:30pm to 6pm but wakes up between 5:30am to 6am.  We will never sleep in again.


5.  Declan really seems to enjoy day care.  He fusses a little in the mornings if I stay too long, but he is great after I leave.  He plays and plays and sleeps and eat.  What more can a 10-month-old ask for?!

6.  Declan's favorite toys are...boxes of things that he can spill out and then refill.  He also likes pulling apart Lincoln's train track, rolling a ball back and forth, and shaking rattles.  He sits for books and turns the pages.

7.  Declan does like tv.  Linc never watched tv and Declan watches what Linc watches now which is one show in the morning and one show when we get home.  I know it is not that much, but I do feel some guilt.  But then I think about our day and I am happy it is only two short kid shows.  I think he likes trucks the most :)


8.  Declan is a good traveler.  He goes to the zoo, likes the park, and is a good grocery shopper.  Declan gets into and out of his car seat easily which is a blessing since I am usually wrestling someone else in.

9.  Declan still wears 9 month clothing, and I am getting excited to break out the fall clothing.  I am getting bored of the summer stripes, and I am looking forward to cute baby jeans and long sleeve shirts.

10.  We love Declan more and more every day, week, and month.  He is sweet, easy-going, happy, and has the most wonderful smile.  I cannot wait to see what he learns over the next month and the adventures he will be getting into!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is such a smiley child! We love you Declan , GaGa and BaBa