Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day Care Notes

Linc with playdough at Lori's
After only a couple of weeks we are in a good place with daycare.  The boys enjoy their time there and have no reservations when I leave them in the mornings.  Declan is drinking his bottles (finally!) and both boys sleep and eat well while there.  I am really excited because another little boy is starting this coming week, and after our time with the neighbors I know that Linc will love the company.  Declan will love watching them play and will join them soon!

Lori sends monthly emails and includes pictures of the kiddos.  Since our two little guys are the only children there right now she had a lot of cute photos of the boys.  It will be fun to see photos of the boys playing with the two new children next month, too!

Some notes from Lori:

August 21st
Both ate well today. Declan didn't finish his entire lunch and Lincoln wanted the rest of his pasta so I let him have it. Oh, if Lincoln hasn't had guacamole before, he is a big fan now! Ha! Erin was having some with chips and let Lincoln try it. Of course, we had to quickly teach him the rule about double dipping. It was another gorgeous day for enjoying the backyard, which we did aplenty!

August 20th
Working backwards, Declan just went down for his afternoon nap. Lincoln went to nap at nearly 12:30pm. He played hard outside today and has dirty shorts to prove it, but he was ready to crash a little earlier than usual. Declan ate most of his lunch (incl. 1/2 chicken tender), Lincoln not all but I would say enough (two and a half chicken tenders, several pear slices, a few bites of edamame). Because Declan only had some of his cheerio/animal cracker snack in the a.m. I did offer him some of the baby food before the current nap, but he refused. He took about half of a bottle instead and I'll give him the remainder when he awakes. The last two days have been magical in terms of how relaxed he is during bottle feedings. They are both suddenly more affectionate (hugs, head on shoulder, etc.) with me over the last few days as well. I love it, of course! Lastly, Lincoln enjoyed both play-doh and coloring time this morning. I wrote a note on the back of one of his pictures, explaining that I always say, "Tell me about your picture" instead of asking, "What is this?" A trick I learned from Erin's Kindergarten teacher, so that the children don't realize we can't always see what they intend for us to see. When I asked Lincoln to tell me about his picture he pointed to himself and also said ball, so I deduced that he was playing ball in the picture and he just gave me the proudest smile and said "Da!", which I know means yes! I just love getting to know his tender heart!


Her monthly email...
It seems hard to believe we are nearing the end of the summer season, another school year has begun, and our little daycare is having a restart with all new faces! As much as I will miss my four little girls (Sophia, Sonja, Olivia, and Clara) I have already fallen in love with Lincoln and Declan and know it will be no different with Lissa and Sawyer. Welcome, all of you! Lissa will start with us as a 2-month-old around the end of October or beginning of November and Sawyer, who will turn two years old in October, will start with us next week. I can already tell by the sweet, easy going personalities of these little guys, and especially Lincoln's gentleness with his brother, that baby Lissa will be surrounded by protectors! : )

As for the month of August, we've had a lot of fun getting to know one another! Lincoln likes to make his brother laugh and he likes for me to make him laugh, so there has been a lot of silliness and giggles! We have enjoyed play-doh and coloring time, reading books, crashing cars and trucks, building with Clipos and Modular Daisies, playing ball, listening to great music, working hard to figure out puzzles, and of course running and running, and running around the backyard! I imagine there will soon be A LOT more of this when Sawyer joins us next week!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two boys are having so much fun at daycare which makes us happy too! Love GaGa and BaBa