The boys started daycare last week. It has been going okay. I wouldn't say that the boys LOVE it, but they do not seem to mind going. Lincoln is usually a mess in the car on the way home - he seems to hold it together all day and then takes it out on me, his safe place. I take it, and by the time we get home he is fine and ready to start his evening.
Lori writes little emails throughout the day - I am sure to calm our nerves more than anything. She only has our two boys, but she will be taking a little baby in next month. She is holding the fourth spot until she finds a toddler for Lincoln to play with which will make him happy and me even happier. I do believe she enjoys our kiddos and made the comment yesterday that she has yet to tell Lincoln "no". She said he obeys and really does not test or try anything he shouldn't. Hmmmm.....interesting :)
Some of her emails below:
Second day of care:
Hi, just a quick note to let you know Lincoln stopped crying after a few short minutes. However, he was still a little more out of sorts than Tuesday and wanted to stay by the door. I played about 15 minutes of Baby Mozart (music and colorful images of hand puppets, moving and educational toys) just to distract them and get their minds off of missing mommy. It worked and now they are happy again. Whew! Jim is home today and he's been chatting with Lincoln. He made him laugh. All is well! : )
About 6th day of care:
Hi Shelley and Brian,
I just now had a moment to update you on the boys' day.
We've had another good one! Lincoln is really starting to become more comfortable. We played outside between lunch and nap time and he loved the mini trampoline that Jim lugged out of the basement for us. This is the first time I've seen him really run around, laugh, and seem completely at ease! He became a little upset when Charlie was accidentally let out while we were in the back yard. She just wanted to run and play but Lincoln didn't want any part of it. Jim was near him when he started to cry so Jim knelt down and put his arm around Lincoln. He asked, "Am I your friend, Lincoln?", to which Lincoln nodded and then placed his head on Jim's shoulder. Then Jim proceeded to tell him that friends take care of each other, that Charlie would never hurt him, and he and I would never let Charlie or anyone else hurt him. Of course I thanked Jim for giving him that message but wasn't the least bit surprised. : )
He also ate every bit of his lunch and went down for a nap without a peep! Declan has had a good day, as well, but hasn't eaten as much today. I'm sure he's been quite distracted by the extra friends in the house! He took his yogurt this morning and I managed to get him to take 3 to 4 oz. at around 11:00. He did eat a small amount of the solids and only two or three bites of the baby food. He too went down for his afternoon nap without any trouble at about 1:10.
See you soon,Lori
Lori does have a cat and a dog. This is new to Lincoln and makes me a tad nervous, but I am trusting all I can because Lori is so good in all other ways. Linc is warming up, and he talks about the dog a lot. Maybe this will deter us from having to get one for a while!
I officially start school tomorrow although I have been in meetings for two weeks. The real grind begins and I hope I can emotionally keep up with it. I do know that the boys are loved and cared for and I can scoop them up every day at 4pm. It will be Christmas break and spring break before I know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment