Honesty post...
I give Shelley a hard time sometimes. Whereas she wears her emotions on her sleeve and carries so much stress and pressure on herself to be a perfect mom and raise perfect boys, I don't. I am much more of a "good things come to good people" and trust that things will work out in the end. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to do everything in our power to help support, love, shape our boys into wonderful, productive humans. But generally, I believe that things tend to work out.
I so wish I was able to take some or all of Shelley's stress and pressure she puts on herself and free her. In fact, besides a full night's sleep, if there was a way to give her less stress as a Mother's Day gift, I would. There are so many stresses with day care, and Lincoln's speech, and going back to work, and looking at buying a house next summer, and being on one income, etc. etc. It seems unfair for one person to take all of that on.
I guess that's what makes us a wonderful match and great parents. We balance each other out and do our best to support each other. We put Lincoln and Declan ahead of ourselves, and only want the best for them, and we know that we'll do everything in our power to do so.
So with that said, happy mothers day to my wonderful bride of almost 5 years! Shelley, you are an amazing partner, best friend, wife, a capella singer :-) and most importantly mother. I know that one day our kids will look back and tell us the same just like we tell our parents now and thank us for the great job we did.
1 comment:
Well said Brian!
Post a Comment