Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ol' Blue Eyes

By Brian...

Before the arrival of Declan, Shelley and I often talked about how we would manage both boys when she and I were home.  For a number of reasons, we thought it would make the most sense for me to spend more time with Lincoln initially and for Shelley to spend more time with Declan. As Lincoln’s comfort grew with Declan and with me holding him, we’ve been able to switch much more and help strengthen our bonds with the other one.  Over the past two weeks, Declan and I have really been able to bond more and I really wanted to point out two of the things I’ve noticed.

 His eyes are changing color... Declan was born with really dark gray eyes. There were hints of blue, but for the most part, they were a color I would call midnight gray. They are lightening up considerably now and are much more blue with hints of gray. They are still a darker blue than Lincoln’s, Lincoln has bright blue eyes, but Declan’s are beautiful in their own way. I think they’ll probably change color and turn more brown, but I’m hoping for two blue eyed boys, just like their dada.




Declan’s skin tone is much different than Lincoln’s… Part of the reason why I think Declan’s eyes will change is because he has much of the German Streitenberger side in him, at least that we can tell. Declan has a much darker complexion than Lincoln. Whereas Lincoln’s skin is still really pink and sensitive and still almost-translucent, like mine, Declan’s is more… normal. He is more olive-skinned and his skin is less see-through.

 I’ve really loved the increased time with Declan as we continue to create routines and see what works in the crazy Brown household!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutiest blue eyes boys ever.! Love them Grandpa and GaGa