I can't believe my little baby is already one month old! It feels like he has been here forever but then again I feel like I am still getting to know him. I had all the time in the world to stare at Lincoln, worry about Lincoln, and hold Lincoln. But, with Declan I have to soak in the little bit of alone time I have with him during Lincoln's nap and in the evenings. Some observations about Declan thus far...
Declan loves to sleep...on people. If he is being held, he will not wake up. If you put him down, he lets you know he is not happy. This includes the night hours so we spend a lot of time together in his nursery cuddling, rocking, and wishing him to sleep :)

Declan likes to eat all the time, but he is a bit lazy with his nursing. He almost always falls asleep, even when I know he has not had enough, and does not like to be disturbed after. So he ends up nursing often during the day but never for very long. He has not had a bottle yet, but that will change soon!
Declan does not love his paci. It was always an easy way to quiet Lincoln, especially in public places, but Declan would rather eat, fuss, or just be held than have the paci. I am continuing to offer it and hope one day it will do the trick in a busy restaurant or a long car ride!
I think that Declan LOVES his big brother. Lincoln likes to push him in the swing and Declan is usually calm when he sees his brother. I have seen an almost smile and it was directed at Lincoln, and he really enjoys watching Lincoln run around. I can't wait to see them grow up together!
Declan is a super chill, easy going, cuddle bug who fits right into our family. I can't remember what life felt like four weeks ago when he was still in my belly - it seems like he has been here all along.
| Lincoln kisses |
We love you Declan!
1 comment:
Looks like a smile from Declan will not be long before Grandpa and GaGa get some Declan snuggles too
Post a Comment