Lincoln is slowly adjusting to the separation and new place. He cries most days that I leave him, but he is beginning to play a little more with the toys and children. He has never cried for ten minutes because if he does then they would come get me, so I can work out and at least know that he is not screaming his head off for an hour straight. I want him to be around other children again and have some time away from me...he did so well in daycare and truly enjoyed his time there and I hope to recreate some of that "kid time" again. I also really want him to be comfortable with the daycare before the baby comes because I forsee the daycare to be a safe place where I can drop off both kids and have a minute to myself. I plan on working out and maybe even taking a quiet shower once the baby is here and having about an hour to myself during the day! We are going four times a week for about 45 minutes each time to get Linc adjusted, and I do hope that he ends up enjoying himself and it is beneficial for both of us!
Besides the caring staff, the YMCA also has some awesome classes for the kiddos. There is a beginning preschool class that I plan on taking Lincoln to when he turns 18 months (baby Bean can go to the daycare, and I can spend some special time with just Lincoln which he may need by that point). They also have swimming classes that are highly rated. We went to our first swim class this weekend, and Lincoln and Daddy did great! It was half an hour and in the smaller therapeutic pool which meant really warm water. The kiddos played the hokey pokey, blew bubbles in the water (Linc wanted nothing to do with that), practiced splashing and getting their faces wet, and laid on a mat that will eventually help them float in the water (Linc did not like). Linc did like jumping in to Daddy and playing with the ball which is no surprise! Swim lessons will be Daddy's special time with Lincoln, and I think they are going to really enjoy their Saturday mornings together!![]() |
| Linc was suppose to lay on his belly and back on this mat, but he was not too sure of it. I am sure he will warm up to the idea by the end of the classes! |

No comments:
Post a Comment