Monday, September 22, 2014

33 Weeks and 33-Years-Old!

I tured 33 this year and celebrated by also turning 33 weeks pregnant!  I am in a lot of discomfort with baby kicks and round ligament pain on the underside of my ever-growing belly.  I have pretty intense Braxton Hicks each night and move pretty slowly after I put Lincoln to bed.  It is getting harder and harder to carry him up and down the stairs and keep up with him, but I am determined to not slow down being his mommy.  I just collapse at night when he is finally in bed and try to rest during his two naps as well.


My doctor appointments are now every week, and I am measuring right on target for the baby size.  My blood pressure is low and fine, my weight is a little higher than it was with Lincoln but still well within normal weight gain, and my blood sugar remains normal.  I was told that I can schedule a date to be induced, and my doctor and I will schedule a "last date" at 39 weeks to deliver at OSU (as long as I don't go before hand, which I may!)  It is nice to know there is an end in sight :)

Brian and I had a name picked out, and now we are flip flopping on the entire name!  We have been so set on one Irish name, and I had a minor freak-out that it wasn't right.  Now we are back to the drawing board and trying out all different types of first and middle names.  I practice yelling the name as I may do when the child is older, using the name with "Lincoln" and "Linc" as I see myself doing for many years, and picturing the child as an adult with the given name.  We are still not completely in agreement with the name and may not decide until this baby arrives.  Not my usual style, but right now nothing feels right but it will once we see his cute little face! :)

Six more weeks until this baby's eviction notice, and for now I am trying to enjoy the last month of being pregnant since this will more than likely (but not a definite!) the last time.

No comments: