Sunday, June 8, 2014

50 Weeks

On Lincoln's 50th week birthday he moved homes!  The movers came on Saturday and packed everything up (albeit very slowly!) and we moved in with a friend.  On Tuesday, my last day of school, Lincoln and I drove to Ohio.  We arrived a little after midnight and were just happy to be "home".  Linc did sleep most of the way after dinner and transitioned surprisingly well into his crib for the night.

I chose the "best  of" last write-ups from daycare.  I am a bit behind, and this will be the last of these entries since he is officially mine all day (and I do not plan on doing any write-ups for Brian! :).

May 15th (Thursday):  Lincoln played with lots of his characteristic enthusiasm.  Today, though, as I (Norma) was serving him breakfast, he began to vocalize.  He then stopped, looked at me, and said - "ba-ba" and waved his hand toward me.  He was asking for his bottle!  He said it again and again, but I couldn't get him to say it again after breakfast (of course not, since his bottle was all gone!).

May 20th (Tuesday):  Baby Lincoln played with two containers filled with animals.  He dumped them out on the floor and then he began to put them in the containers.  Baby Lincoln is an organized boy.  We noticed how he put the stacking monkeys in one container and the farm animals in another!

May 21st (Wednesday):  This morning Lincoln and Yasmin played with water.  Yasmin wanted Lincoln to get refreshed before gong up for nap.  She took him to the sink and turned on the water.  Lincoln say very calmly dipping his feet and his hands.  Lincoln looked so graceful!

May 22nd (Thursday):  I (Norma) was feeding Lincoln breakfast and towards the end of the meal Lincoln spied two little plastic monkeys.  I showed him yesterday how they fit together.  When I handed Lincoln the toys, he immediately began trying to put the two together.  I was amazed that he remembered how to do it but also that he had the control to almost get the prongs into the stacking holes.  Lincoln is imitating, initiating, remembering, and doing some baby problem-sovling.  Pretty smart for a not-yet-one-year-old.

May 26th (Monday):  Baby Lincoln is very busy in the playroom.  It is great how Lincoln finds different games to keep busy.  Lincoln does not hesitate to show affection toward his friends.  He saw baby Alec resting on the floor and he crawled right over to say hello.  Lincoln touched Alec's head and gave two kisses.  How sweet!

May 28th (Wednesday):  Baby Lincoln and Atticus had a ball playing together in the tunnel!  Lincoln chased after Atticus in the tunnels while giggling all the way through.  They are so fun to watch!  Atticus teased Lincoln by peeking out at him from the tunnel - how cute!

June 3rd (Tuesday):  Shelley, it is so difficult to say good-bye to your family.  I really have loved seeing you and Brian.  And, of course, I have fallen in love with baby Lincoln.  It has been a gift to get to know all of you.  I wish you every happiness as you begin a new chapter in your family life.  Let me know when baby arrives and also how Lincoln is doing.  Affectionately, Norma.

First week and last week of daycare!
I am going to miss Ms. Norma, Yasmin, and Yesenia more than they can know.  They not only provided a great first year for Lincoln but also loved him more than I thought a non-family member could.  He learned from them and from the other children, and he truly LOVED going to daycare.  He never fussed when I dropped him off and sometimes fussed when I picked him up!  This was his norm in our last crazy eight weeks of transitions and changes, and he thrived under their care.  I can only hope that when I return to work next year that I can find providers that will love him and his sibling as much as they did.

No comments: