Baby #2 is such a different ballgame than Baby #1! My body is way more tired, I am way more crampy and sore, and I often forget that I am pregnant. With Baby #1, I spent every minute of every day thinking and worrying about the baby. I wanted to tell everyone I met that I was pregnant, and I researched every pang and pain. With Baby #2, I find myself lifting things I shouldn't be and then reminding myself to slow down. I find myself pausing from exhaustion and cramps, and then moving on to usually catch Lincoln as he is about to fall or touch something he shouldn't be touching.At the same time, I do find some quiet moments to enjoy what may be the last time I am pregnant. I spend time during Lincoln's nap laying on the couch and waiting for the kicks. Baby #2 kicks so much when Lincoln snuggles on my chest, and I smile as I think how the fun is just beginning with these two active boys. My belly has grown very quickly, and I get to spend more time talking to strangers about my due date, baby gender, and two boys being so close together (people are so nosey around here!).
I think having less anxiety about every bump and pang in my sides is probably best for everyone and in turn has allowed me to enjoy this pregnancy a little more than the first. Google is not nearly as busy with random pregnancy questions from me, and I smile more as I think about what is to come in the following weeks instead of worry about labor and delivery. I also know how much my life will change in less that 19 weeks and I am beyond excited to welcome this Baby Bean into our crazy, loud, fun, and loving family!
![]() |
| Only 21 weeks - eeks! I have asked numerous times to confirm there is only one baby in there :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment