Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Baby Bean - 13 Weeks

I haven't quite decided how I am going to balance both kids....in real life and on the blog!  I am sure I will get a handle on both. :)  I wrote about my pregnancy each week with Lincoln, and these entries became his birth book that I printed.  I love the memories but now with the second pregnancy being so close to Lincoln, I am not sure I need a weekly update.  At the same time, I do not want to short change the second child so I want to start a new tradition that I do more of a monthly update and include Linc in the baby's growth since Baby Bean will never know life without his big brother.

Going into the 13th week (start of the fourth month), I am finally feeling better!  The first trimester was tough - morning sickness and so tired.  I have my energy back and often forget that I am pregnant!  The one thing to remind me each day of my pregnancy is my growing belly.  It is growing so quickly and I have ditched regular pants and know that maternity pants and the belly band are just so much more comfortable.

I went to the maternal fetal specialist at my 11th week, and he did a detailed ultrasound of the Baby Bean.  He measured his itty bitty body and inspected his internal organs.  It is crazy to think that the organs are already there and just need to grow!  They also do a blood test and combine the results with the ultrasound to give you odds for genetic problems.  Knock on wood, it all looked pretty good.  The baby was super active and right on target for growth.


No comments: