Tuesday, May 6, 2014

46 Weeks

Oh poor baby Lincoln....he is so sick....again.  It started with a fever on Tuesday that did not go below 101 for three days.  He now is fever free but full of snot and coughs.  I was alone for the first half of the week and then the super heroes swooped in and saved the day!  Gigi (Brian's mother) came in on Thursday and Brian arrived Friday evening.  Unfortunately, Lincoln's cold/virus got in the way of some of our plans, but we still enjoyed each other's company and saw peeks of Lincoln's smiley personality throughout the weekend.  Lincoln enjoyed two meals out, and this Momma and Daddy enjoyed a night out on Saturday while we had a free babysitter.  It is the second time in 10 months that we have gone out without Lincoln, and we had a great time with our friends at a local watering hole :)



Likes?  Lincoln showed his love for all of his toys these past five days at home.  He takes every single toy out of the basket and then play with everything except toys (his high chair, tupperware lids, the remote controls, etc.).  He does like balls and rolling toy cars as well as his light up toys that play obnoxious music.  He is a busy boy!!

Dislikes?  Lincoln dislikes sleeping in.  I know we have mentioned it before, but his wake-up time has gotten earlier and earlier.  He now rises at 4:30am and because he was sick I got up with him.  My goal this week is to shift his biological clock an hour later and go to bed at 7 and wake up at 6, but it will take some time and may not even work.  I am determined to get this boy to sleep in for both of our good!

We also installed Linc's big boy car seat this weekend!  He will remain rear facing for quite a while but this seat is easier to get him and out (no bucket) and he sits a little higher in this seat.  I think he really likes it!



Lincoln did surprise us this week by signing "more" during dinner.  I have been doing it a little bit just to help move along the language because I know he wants more food and desperately wants to communicate it.  He did it back during our meal - at first it was a clap and then it was definitely sign language for more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad grandma Betsy came to visit and sorry Linc was not feeling well but sure it was special for all, granny and grandpa