It was a really hard week being away from Brian, but Lincoln and I survived. Lincoln really misses his Daddy and his funny antics, but thank goodness for FaceTime and phone calls. Brian thinks that Lincoln got taller over the week, and I think that he got "busier" and into everything (but it could be that I am more tired and not as patient).
Likes? Lincoln loves to eat....things off the floor. He picks up the smallest little things and then looks right at me as he puts them in his mouth. I have sprinted across the room many times to stop him from eating hair, dust, lint, leaves, and anything else he can find. I know he must do this at Norma's too, and I don't want to think about what he swallows throughout the day. I went to the store this weekend to get a new rug, because he has been pulling at the old play rug and eating it. The rug I got has much shorter threads and nothing to pull...ha for now!
Dislikes? The vacuum cleaner (or as people in Ohio say, the sweeper). Back to the dust and rug bits, I have been vacuuming a lot, and he HATES it. He doesn't quite know what to do when I am running the sweeper because he wants me to hold him, but he does not want to get close to the loud machine. He instead sits in the middle of the room with a tomato red face and screams :)
Our Lincoln Time this weekend was spent with many friends. We went to brunch with my friends Lindsay and Pullins at our favorite brunch place, Nookies. We have the same waitress each time we go, and she loves Lincoln. It has been a while since we have seen her, and Jessica was sooooo excited to see Lincoln and admire his two new teeth, his fine motor skills feeding himself, and his cute smile. He loves the attention, and Jessica has the best "baby voice" when she speaks to Lincoln. We also had to run something over to my friend Becca's house, and we spent some time with Becca, her husband and her toddler. Lincoln thought that the toddler, Henry, was hysterical and he also LOVED their big dog, Roscoe. He laughed and laughed the whole hour we were there. We finished off our playdates with my friend Jamie and her husband Kevin and their baby Penny. Penny is about a month older than Lincoln and was so cute as she showed off her talking, eating, and moving around. Lincoln loved finding all of the places he shouldn't't go, chasing Penny and playing with her toys. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and I love watching Lincoln with other children and families. I sadly did not get a single picture - I am annoyed with myself - but hopefully there will be next times with everyone and I will get some pictures of Linc with his friends then!
Cost? Free
Time there? 1.5 hours
Lincoln Fun Meter? ***** out of 5
Daycare Notes:
Tuesday: Lincoln was so happy this morning! He sat in his high chair and talked and talked. He is babbling and practicing his language skills. He knows many more words than he can speak, and he is beginning to follow directions and routines that we have here at our little school. What a smartie!
Wednesday: Baby Lincoln and Atticus played very peacefully together! Yasmin set down the container of books for them to read. Atticus and Lincoln sat on each end of the container and quietly pulled out the books. They sat for a few minutes looking at the font cover of each book. They left piles of books all over, but at least it was educational! :)
Thursday: Lincoln loves Yana in the morning. He watches her and laughs at her antics to entertain him. She makes silly noises, and he bursts out laughing. It is truly lovely. Lincoln now spends the hour before nap in the big playroom with the early children. He loves to be there with the big kids. We lock the gate because Lincoln's favorite thing is Georgie's water bowl. He likes to swim in it!
Friday: Baby Lincoln and Atticus were plotting their escape from the baby room. Atticus was trying to climb up on the chair to make his exit. Lincoln saw Atticus and he too wanted to make his way out. Baby Lincoln pulled himself up on Atticus's shirt too. Lincoln needed support standing so he had no choice then to grab a hold of Atticus's hair. Poor Atticus cried - silly boys!

1 comment:
Linc you are growing up way to fast . Will see you soon love granny and grandpa
Post a Comment