Monday, April 14, 2014

43 Weeks!

Creeping closer and closer to Lincoln's first birthday!  Getting more active, more confident with pulling up, and cruising using the furniture.  Linc keeps us on our toes as he tends to bypass all of his toys and finds things that are not appropriate for kids - outlets, cabinets, and sharp corners - but he keeps us smiling and exercised!


Likes?  Pulling up on pretty much anything that he can find that is sturdy enough.  I took Linc to school to see the K-Kids one last time, and he pulled up on their desks, the book cases, and our legs.  He wants to stand and observe everything (and hopes to find remote controls or iPads on ottomans, too!).

Dislikes?  Laying still for diaper changes and clothes changing.  He is a wiggle worm and wants to crawl right off his changing table - which he almost did with me tonight!  It sometimes takes two of us to change his diaper - one to get the poopy diaper off and the other to distract him to be still enough.  Raspberries, "chewing" toes and fingers, and silly noises usually work!

Below:  The many faces of Lincoln while eating a meal...from feeding Dadda to smiles to fake smiles (he does this face when I bring out the camera so I think it is his fake smile.  We need to work on that one!).


Fake smile :)



Daycare Notes:

Monday (April 7th):  Lincoln is a pro at pulling himself up.  The week before he left on break, he wasn't as confident.  Lincoln now stands quickly and multiple times.  He crawled into the kitchen and saw his bottle on the table.  Lincoln pulled himself up and swung his arm over the table to get his bottle.  So clever!

Tuesday:    Lincoln is "walking" around furniture.  We are trying to teach him how to lower himself to the floor by sitting.  I (Norma) am afraid that he will fall backwards - most children at this stage do, no matter how vigilant we are.  He is so happy to be on the move that I asked Yasmin to let him wander all around and not keep him just in the baby room.  He races through the kitchen, stops to stand up at the children tables, and then races into the big playroom.  It is so cute!  At meals, Lincoln is very particular about how he wants to eat.  I am trying to give him finger food as much as possible.  I tried to feed him rice at lunch and he was very mad at me.  The nerve!!!!  I was chastised - he screamed.  I took away his spoon to feed him.  No, no, Norma!  Finally, I gave him a piece of toast because he wouldn't eat the rice.  After that, Lincoln forgave me and ate everything but not the rice!

Wednesday:  Lincoln wasn't pleased at all when I (Yesenia) stepped away from his visibility.  He was happily eating his lunch and I just went to help Aurelie in the bathroom for a quick second.  Lincoln was so hurt by me.  He cried at the top of his lungs and turned bright red.  Poor Lincoln!  He knows he's the king.  He wants all eyes on him.

Thursday:  Baby Lincoln loves wrestling with Yasmin!  If no one else is around, Yasmin and Lincoln roll around on the floor laughing.  Lincoln always defeats Yasmin!  I think it is his speciality move that helps him be champion.  He grabs two hand-fulls of Yasmin's hair and blinds her with a kiss full of drool.  Go Lincoln :)


No comments: