Thursday, April 24, 2014

10 Months!

Lincoln turned 10 months on April 15th and celebrated his 44th birthday weekend in Ohio saying good-bye to Daddy.  Brian started at Ohio State University on the Monday after Easter, and Lincoln and I said our tearful goodbyes as we drove back to Chicago in our new SUV (more of a Mommy car than our little Civic Hybrid!).  It will be a tough 7 weeks while we are here and Brian is there, but we know it is the best thing for our family in the long run.

Once again getting so tricky to take a picture of Lincoln when all he wants to do is MOVE.


Back to the fun stuff - Lincoln at 10 months!

~Lincoln loves to eat.  He has always been a good eater, but now he is a powerhouse with finger food.  He still does not like to be spoon fed anything, he does not use a sippy (and just gets really frustrated) and he won't hold his own bottle (what a king), but he will shovel food into his mouth like no other.  His favorite foods are peas and any green vegetable and I think blueberries are close behind.  While Brian is gone, Lincoln and I have been eating dinner together and he wants anything on my plate.  I will share as long as it is dairy free, and he will either swallow it or spit it back out if he doesn't like it!

~Lincoln sleeps about 11 hours a night which becomes a problem since he goes to bed around 6pm.  I am working to stretch him until 6:30pm, but he is sooooo tired after daycare that he is cranky pants to stretch that long.  His naps are consistent at 9:30am and 2:30pm and sleeps for about three hours a day.

~Lincoln is pulling up on everything and is beginning to cruise around the furniture.  He is really good at pulling up and sitting down safely although we still have tumbles and bumps here and there.  He is into everything and usually stuff he is not suppose to be touching.  I really hope he walks before his first birthday since he is suppose to walk down the aisle in my sister's wedding!  At the same time, it is kind of nice to still have him be a baby not a toddler!

This is what the kitchen looked like as I was making dinner.  Oh my busy boy!
~Lincoln babbles up a storm.  He babbles when he wakes up.  He babbles in the car.  He babbles at dinner.  He has also discovered an obnoxious shriek that he will try at the dinner table.  It is hard not to laugh because he is so surprised by his own voice, but we don't want any bad habits at places we eat out!

~Lincoln starts games.  He will begin peek-a-boo and this morning he found his ball and rolled it to me.  He really enjoys playing with others, and I love that he is sharing his ideas with me of what he thinks is fun!  His favorite toys are his trucks that he pushes all around while he crawls, balls that he chases, and his blocks that he likes to knock over.  Unfortunately, he also enjoyed eating his blocks, and we had to throw them away since the paper was falling off the outside.  Gross :)

~Lincoln is so excited to be a big brother!  He is great with the other children at Norma's and he really enjoys Atticus who is almost two and Myles who is 5 months old.  I walked into daycare yesterday, and he was smiling at Myles and then went over to pet his head.  I know there will be days that will be challenging and that I will question our decision, but those days will be far outnumbered by the days that Lincoln will have a built-in best friend and partner-in-crime.


Happy Birthday, Lincoln Alan!  Mommy and Daddy are in awe of your growth and in love with your personality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you and mommy and daddy too
Linc you are growing way too fast

Anonymous said...

Granny and grandpa