Likes? He is experimenting with pulling up on different furniture and experiencing some bumps and bruises along the way. He has a great sense of humor and spends so much time laughing and smiling - especially when his daddy plays funny tricks and games. He can play hide and seek, peek-a-boo, and loves the Itsy Bitsy Spider. He also loves to knock over block towers - the higher the better!
Dislikes? Lincoln is now able to turn on the tears whenever he wants attention or is told no. He can go from happy-go-lucky to water works drama king. I took a sticker out of his mouth today and he melted and crawled to his Daddy and then glared at me from his Daddy's arms. He is already learning how to play both sides but thankfully Brian and I are usually on the same side!
Lincoln Time was spent at the zoo today since it was the first day above 50 degrees in quite some time. We decided to head to Lincoln Park along with the rest of Chicagoland. It was very crowded and not that enjoyable, but was a free afternoon spent in the sun.
We also tried out the park down the street. Lincoln loved swinging on my lap but did not like swinging by himself. He also disliked the slide, crawling around, and just the playground in general. Maybe we caught him at a bad time...hopefully he will warm up to parks soon since we will be spending a lot of time outside together!
I am a bit behind on daycare notes so I picked out my favorite write-ups from the last couple of weeks instead of posting the three weeks worth....
March 12th (Wednesday): I (Norma) noticed that baby Lincoln is more precise as he picks up food from his tray. He also learns quickly when introduced to a new toy. His fine motor development is progressing rapidly (finger movement) almost as fast as his gross motor development is progressing. He watches Atticus and how he plays and then imitates him. Atticus watched the big boys and how they push trucks all around. Lincoln watched Atticus for the first time, and then I saw Lincoln pushing a truck all around. Isn't is interesting how children learn from more experienced peers?
March 13th (Thursday): Each day at meals, I (Norma) hand baby Lincoln a sippy cup with water. He thinks it is the greatest thing. He laughs and then tosses it over the side of the high chair. I demonstrate how to hold it and put it to his mouth. He laughs and grabs one handle and tosses it again over the side! When I gave it to him the third time, Lincoln looked at the sippy cup, grabbed it with both hands and drank. Everyone clapped and laughed. Lincoln looked well pleased with himself. Lincoln is also giving many kisses! Be still my heart!
March 17th (Monday): In spite of his runny nose, baby Lincoln was such a happy boy today. When I put him in his high chair he laughed, talked, and ate. He ate a lot today! We were amazed! Usually he wants all of the finger food but not the cereal. But the morning cereal has all of the formula in it. So we usually have to have a dog and pony show to entice Lincoln to eat. Not so today. He was eager to eat everything. He must be going through a growth spurt. He is happy! Lincoln is practicing standing up. He bounces on his knees and holds onto something firm. It will not be long for him to begin to walk!
March 20th (Thursday): Lincoln and I (Norma) were getting ready for breakfast. It is a nice time in the morning with just Lincoln and me. I put him in his high chair and said, "Lincoln, let's put on your bib." He looked at me with his big smile then turned around and grabbed the bib on the back of the chair. It made me remember that expressive language lags behind receptive language. Lincoln understand much more than he can say right now.
March 26th (Wednesday): Lincoln showed me his latest gross motor skill phase. Lincoln crawled over to the table where I was sitting and pulled himself up to stand! Wow! I couldn't believe it. Lincoln wanted my pen and that is the reason he came over to me. Yasmin told me that Lincoln stood up at least five times this morning. How wonderful!


No comments:
Post a Comment