Poor Lincoln was a sickie poo on his 37th week birthday! He was running a fever - I think his first substantial fever ever - and had a leaky faucet nose. He was still in pretty good spirits regardless of his rosy red cheeks and runny nose, but he definitely did not have an appetite and would start crying the minute he saw the snotsucker and Tylenol bottle.
Likes? Crawling and exploring our apartment. Linc will often crawl around in the mornings and evenings to the different rooms, but then he always comes right back to my feet and sits at them and looks at me to make sure I am there. Then he will explore some more and then come back to check-in. I love that he is becoming a bit more independent (and I use that word loosely), but it also makes me sad because this is just the start of him crawling/walking/running away from his momma.
Dislikes? Taking medicine. Seriously? I thought over the counter Tylenol would taste like candy or some sweet goodness that Linc has never had, but he HATES it. Like really hates it. We have to hold him down Superman style (Brian holds Linc's arms back and over his head so that his arms force his head to not be turned), and I quickly drop the medicine from hell in. I am not sure it even helps, but it makes me feel like I can at least help with the fever.
I took Monday off to stay home with Linc, and when I took him in on Tuesday I was informed that the other children had the same crap. At least I didn't feel so bad leaving him at daycare since he was not infecting or spreading any new germs!

1 comment:
That empty nest is years away. Enjoy the ride.
Post a Comment