~Lincoln loves interacting with adults and children! He is all smiles when someone speaks to him, and now he can show his excitement back by clapping his hands. Lincoln claps when he is excited, wants more of a song or game, and when he wants to make you smile. He also loves watching children, and his little face lights up when other children even glance at him.
Here is a short video of our bedtime...I get Linc all calm and ready for bath and bed and then Brian walks through the door and riles him up. The laughs and giggles are worth it though - this kid LOVES his daddy! ps - It sounds like Brian is puking on Linc in this video - not sure why that is his go-to sound but it works :)
Here is a short video of our bedtime...I get Linc all calm and ready for bath and bed and then Brian walks through the door and riles him up. The laughs and giggles are worth it though - this kid LOVES his daddy! ps - It sounds like Brian is puking on Linc in this video - not sure why that is his go-to sound but it works :)
~Lincoln eats three meals a day and a snack. He is eating a lot of pureed baby food, but he is also practicing his pincher grip by picking up "puffs" and soft foods like avocado and banana chunks. He likes everything from apples to chicken to beef stew, and he is getting really good at using his sippy cup during meals. He still drinks about five bottles throughout the day too.
~Lincoln sleeps through the night from 6:30pm until about 4:30am, drinks a bottle, and then goes back to sleep until 6 or 6:30am. He falls asleep completely on his own after his nighttime routine of bath, bottle, and a chapter book read by Daddy. His naps are pretty consistent at Norma's - he sleeps for two to three hours in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Can't complain about his sleeping!
~Lincoln is very, very active. I swear the kid never stops moving! He can crawl, but he usually goes backwards. This gets pretty funny as he get stuck under furniture or he backs into a wall and can't go backwards anymore. When he really wants a toy, he will roll and get it. I get glimpses of my future and an ornery boy at times - he will crawl somewhere he is not suppose to be and when I say, no, he will look at me and then keep going. Of course, he breaks into a huge smile and then I have a hard time keeping a straight face. I guess it is time to further baby proof the house!
~Lincoln babbles with mostly open vowel sounds. He has yet to really produce any hard consonants, but he is quite vocal and laughs out loud a lot. I am sure we will hear the precious words - mama and dada - soon, but in the meantime I will take the smiles, giggles, and squeals!
Happy birthday! Momma and Daddy love you, Lincoln Alan Brown!


1 comment:
And grandma and grandpa love you too
Post a Comment