We are still surviving winter time woes here during Lincoln's 34th week! Just in the last 39 days of 2014 we have gone through frozen pipes, burst pipe, leaking bath tub, flat tire (with Linc in the car in a snow storm), and our storage unit downstairs was burglarized. But, Brian and I keep on chugging along and find so much to be thankful for in our baby and family!
Likes? Clapping his hands! Lincoln has discovered that he can make noise and make Momma and Daddy smile and laugh when he claps his hands. He does it a lot, and each time we oohh and aahhh. His face lights up and does it again. The other night he was clapping his hands as I put him to bed, and I saw him in the monitor clapping and looking around for us to clap back!
Dislikes? Being stuck in a car seat for two hours in a snow storm with a flat tire! I mentioned it above, but we had a flat tire on our way to work this week. Luckily, Brian and I carpool because he knew what to do, and I just got upset. It was really snowing and cold, and I couldn't imagine changing a tire in that weather. Brian called our roadside assistance who gave us an estimate of two hours. Well, we don't feed Lincoln breakfast in the morning because he just eats at Norma's, and I knew he could not wait for two hours in a cold car. I called my friend Lindsay who teaches at my school, and she came to get us and took Linc to daycare and me to work. The total time in a car for Linc was well over two hours, but he did as great as expected! He fussed a little and ate the couple of puffs I had in my purse. I learned an important lesson - always have backup food in my purse, just in case!
Day Care Notes
Monday: Baby Lincoln is eager, eager, eager to play. In order to have him stay long enough in the high char to eat (rather drink his two ounces of formula), I play with him and toys. When he finishes, I remove the toys and Lincoln moves into high gear for his cereal and fruit. He is such a happy eater. I wish all the children ate like Lincoln. As he finishes the last bite of cereal, I can tell Lincln wishes he had wings to fly down and begin the real purpose of baby life which is PLAY!
Tuesday: Baby Lincoln is crawling backwards! I can't believe how quickly it happened. He'll learn to crawl forward in no time! This morning, we thought he lost Lincoln. He was in the baby room by the shelves last time we saw him. Lincoln had crawl backwards into the reclining chair. All we could see was his little head.
Wednesday: Today I put three soft animals out of Lincoln's reach. He was on his tummy. He wanted to reach the animals. He scooted backwards and I had to retrieve him fro under the adult chair. He looked at those toys with determination. This time he decided enough was enough! He began to roll and he rolled right on top of the toys. He grabbed one and happily stuck it in his mouth. I call this baby problem solving. What an important cognitive skill and smart baby! Lincoln also learned how to push the balls through the holes in the ball boat. I, Norma, demonstrated twice and used his hand to show Lincoln how to hammer the balls. By the third time, he understood and tried it on his own. Again, successful problem-solving. Yea!
Thursday: Baby Lincoln watched Atticus crawl around today with a toy car and began to clap. He's learning so many things now! Atticus and Lincoln played under the tables. Each one was at the opposite end facing each other. As soon as Lincoln crawling toward him, he began kicking and giggling. I (Yesenia) enjoy watching them play! Watching them laugh makes Yasmin and I laugh too!
Friday: Baby Lincoln is working me (Norma)! I am hoping we are feeding him enough! He ate a carton of applesauce with a big bowl of cereal (double what he usually eats!). After finishing his bottle, he complained and complained. I told Yasmin I thought he was still hungry. So she fed him half a bowl of cereal! He ate it all up. Then he was satisfied. We are using the sign "more". After that Baby Lincoln began to scream (like a warrior!). This is how he tells us he wants to get down and play. The blood-curdling shriek sent ripples of delight through the other children! They thought it was the greatest thing. We wanted to let Lincoln know we understood what he wanted, but it was so cute we took our time getting him down. I also reminded Katie that she screamed much louder when she was seven months old! I think babies communicate in many different ways. As caretakers we need to be alert to how baby Lincoln is communicating. He has different cries - bored, angry, needing something - and now his vocalizations are becoming more differentiated and have different meanings.

No comments:
Post a Comment