So....we started Lincoln Time. Each weekend we are going to try to do something that directly benefits Lincoln and is really for Lincoln. Not a Target run. Not a dinner date with friends and babies. Something that would really expose him to other children, different sensory experiences, and just be fun for Lincoln!
This weekend we went to the Nature Museum. It was a freezing cold day so our LT (short for Lincoln Time) had to be inside. We found great parking, I get in free to all museums because I am a teacher, and Lincoln was free because he is under two. The total cost of the trip was $9 and was two hours of fun. He loooooved the butterfly room, and we felt like we were in Florida. It is hot and humid in there and tons of butterflies are flying around and can even land on you! He watched the little things with hawk like eyes and luckily did not squish any!
There is a small room with a tree house, a pretend ship, and some little caverns. I thought Linc would love it, but that was his least favorite room. There were too many loud kids running around, and when I put Lincoln on the floor he got very upset. I think he thought we were going to leave him there. We lasted about five minutes in there.
After a quick snack, we headed to the water table. He loved splashing his hands in the water and feeling the water flow from a fountain. It was toward the end of our visit, but I think it was his favorite part.
I can't wait to plan next weekend's LT! Summer will be a lot easier to plan, but for now I will be seeking out indoor places appropriate for an almost crawler :)
![]() |
| aaahhhhhh - I am saving Lincoln from the polar bear! |
Cost? $9 (I was free because I am a teacher)
Time there? 2 hours
Lincoln Fun Meter? *** out of 5



No comments:
Post a Comment