Sunday, January 19, 2014

7 Months!

Lincoln Alan Brown is seven months old!  I swear that every week he learns something new, and he is more on-the-go now than ever.  His body is always moving - kicking his feet when he eats, waving his arms when he is happy, and rocking back and forth to get his body ready for...crawling!  I put him down the other morning to fix breakfast, and when I looked over I could not see him anymore.  He had rolled almost all the way under the chair!  Oops :)


Observations at 7 months old...

~Lincoln loves to eat solid food!  He gets so excited when he sees us eating and expects to be eating too.  He still holds his hands up in fists and like a goal post.  He opens his little mouth like a bird and just waits for you to feed him.  If you are too slow, he will grunt.  Just this week he was able to get his puffs into his mouth - three in a row at Normas!  He is also learning how to use a sippy cup although right now he would rather gnaw on it then drink from it :)

~Lincoln does not love his bottle.  He will drink about two or three ounces at a time and really fights the whole process.  He is done nursing (his call, not mine) and the only time he is still while drinking is his one middle of the night feeding.  No more relaxing feeding times - he would rather be up and playing.

~Lincoln sleeps very well (knock on wood!).  He goes to bed around 6:45 and sleeps until 6 or 6:30am.  We have to be out of the door by 7am so his timing is perfect. He does wake up once to eat around 3am, but then he goes right back to sleep.  His awake time during the day is now three hours stretches and he takes two good naps and one cat nap.  His morning nap has been about two hours each time so that is great!  I am hoping this schedule continues for a while but the minute I think I have him figured out, he changes!

~Lincoln loves to play!  He loves rough housing with his Dad, giving "kisses" to his Mom (really just bites my face), and sitting to play with his toys.  He loves playing with the other kids at Ms. Norma's and he recently learned how to play - roll the ball game (or catch the ball game).  Taking turns is hard, but he is very patient when waiting for the ball to come back to him!



~Lincoln loves his bath.  He knows when it is time for tub time and will smile all the way.  He splashes his little legs and laughs.  He likes to drink the water when we wash his hair - yuck! :)

~Lincoln cracks us up on a daily basis.  He laughs a ton.  He smiles to start games with you and just to see you smile back.  He plays games of peek-a-boo and loves to hear his hard toys hit any type of surfaces.  He is easy peasy when we go out to eat and makes friends with fellow diners.  He honestly is so happy and that makes us the happiest parents that we can be!  We love you, Lincoln!


I think he looks so ornery (or guilty!)  in these photos! :)

Playing in the mirror with Daddy



Determined!
Playing in his "house" that we bought him - he liked it until I closed the door and thought I was leaving him alone inside.  Little does he know - this is just a fancy playpen :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five months and we will be there for your first birthday. Happy, happy happy.