My life changed six months ago when I held baby Lincoln in my arms and looked at him for the first time. As I write this blog post, it is almost to the hour that he entered this world. His whole "birth"day is such a blur, but we have sung Happy Birthday to Lincoln the 15th of every month since and I always recount what we were doing on June 15th in that hour of us singing. It helps me remember the bits and pieces of the day, and I hope it becomes a tradition that Lincoln looks forward to on his birthdays to come!
Lincoln as a six-month-old:
~Lincoln loves food! He has really loved the food that we have introduced - applesauce, avocado, sweet potato, and bananas along with oatmeal and rice cereal. It is so fun to feed him - he opens wide, waves his arms and legs with excitement, and looks at you like you just gave him a bite of heavenly goodness. He is eating in his big boy high chair at the table, and I really look forward to having him join us as a family for meals.
![]() |
| Notice all of the toys at the base - we have already started that game of "I drop the toy and Mommy picks it up" |
~Lincoln can put himself to sleep and is like clockwork during the day for naps. He is still on the two hour wake schedule, but he doesn't fuss (that much) when we put him down for sleep. We have a bedtime routine, put him in his crib awake, and he soothes himself to sleep. Now if he would only sleep past 5:30am!
~Lincoln has a great sense of humor! He loves to smile and laugh, and his biggest source of humor comes from his father. He thinks his father is the best thing since sliced bread, and his eyes light up when he hears the door open in the evenings as Brian walks in. He loves Brian's silly games and voices, and our bedtime routine involves a lot of giggles with Brian reading in different voices. I sometimes end up laughing harder than anyone :)
(sorry for the shaky, moving camera work)
I am tired (a lot). I feel like my life is a constant cycle of baby, work, baby, sleep. I miss my extended family and wish we spent more time with uncles, aunts, and grandparents. But - I am the happiest I have ever been as a mother and wife, and I know that every day brings smiles, laughs, surprises, and learning for both Linc and me. I am so lucky, and I can't wait to see what the next six months bring!




4 comments:
Eight days till we see the little feller. We can't wait!
Take this as a compliment. Link looks a little bit like Pete.
Grandpa is funny you do not look anything like Pete you are much cuter! Granny
See you both soon!! Love, Link (pete) and momma and dadda xo
Post a Comment