Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas with the Shelley's Family!


Momma and Linc on the plane after four hours of sleep and the stomach flu (me, not him)


We celebrated Christmas #1 with my family at Timberline ski resort in Davis, West Virginia.  We rented a big house and the entire clan came together to have a happy holiday.  I realized that it is the first time in at least 11 years that the entire family has stayed under one roof - and we didn't even argue (that much) and managed to make meals that everyone could agree upon.  My mother worked really hard to make the house feel like a home with Christmas dinner, table cloths and holiday napkins, a Christmas tree, and the home cooked meals/treats that we are use to.  My father kept the fire going, and the kids brought the fun, skiing, and beers in the hot tub.  Sarah and I even managed to sneak a peek of deer from the hot tub, and Brian and I reign as Euchre champions until the next time!

HIghlights of the trip...

Playing cards and games.


Opening presents.






Hot tub.


Snuggles and playing with family.




Lincoln had the best of bestest times at the house!  He loved the attention and showed off his funny personality.  He made everyone laugh as he gobbled down turkey for the first time, played with his new toys (especially the giggle guy), and shrieked with joy at 6am. :)

Eating turkey (above) and eating sweet potatoes (below)




Brian and I went skiiing with Sarah and Shaun.  I loved skiing - until I fell down.  I bit it hard two times and pretty much threw in the ski hat.  After giving myself a concussion and whiplash, I realized that this momma does not have time to get hurt.  It was fun to go down the old runs that I grew up skiing, but I think I will stay in the house and eat, I mean decorate, cookies and wait for the boys!

I refused to buy anything new for skiing (since I knew it would last about two hours).   I looked like a hobo coming down the hill, but I was the warmest out of the four of us!

Not a lot of snow, but some of the slopes were open!

Brian's selfie on the lift.

Fall one of two.
It was a lot of planning and traveling to get everyone to the house, but it was honestly one of the best times I have had with my entire family and Lincoln.  He was in heaven with his family nearby to attend to his every need, and I loved making new memories and traditions with him as well.  It was an AMAZING first Christmas for Lincoln.

**I forgot my camera - can you believe it?!  Luckily, my mother had hers and we used some iPhones too.  Errrggghh...

My favorite picture from the trip...


Good-bye to grandparents, but we will see you very soon in sunny Florida in a couple of months!

Linc on the way home.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big asterisk and you know exactly what I mean. Otherwise, a very nice post.

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember a time when you quit on the golf course due to the heat during the best round of my life..asterisk needed the too! :) - Brian