Even after a night like last night with very little sleep, when he cries I am thankful he is alive in his bassinet. When he wakes up from his five minute cat nap, I am thankful for his smiles. When he cries because he is still hungry, I am thankful I can nurse him and spend the extra time snuggling with him. When his daddy gets home and his whole face lights up, I am thankful I chose the most caring and supportive person to marry and be Lincoln's dad.
Follow our adventures in parenting as we raise our sons - Lincoln Alan and Declan Dougherty.
Monday, August 5, 2013
I love being a mom
I love being a mom and especially to this little snuggle bug. He has become my world and my reason for being here. He is the perfect combination of my husband and me and reflects our love for each other. Lincoln makes our lives exciting, challenging, and complete.
Even after a night like last night with very little sleep, when he cries I am thankful he is alive in his bassinet. When he wakes up from his five minute cat nap, I am thankful for his smiles. When he cries because he is still hungry, I am thankful I can nurse him and spend the extra time snuggling with him. When his daddy gets home and his whole face lights up, I am thankful I chose the most caring and supportive person to marry and be Lincoln's dad.
I can not wait for Lincoln to grow up and show his love in other ways - words, hugs, more smiles - and show more of his personality - sports, musical interests, even temper tantrums. But, at this very moment, I want time to stand still so I can snuggle this bean in the crook of my arm and enjoy being his mom (before he can say, "Geesh, Mom, you are so embarrassing!").
Even after a night like last night with very little sleep, when he cries I am thankful he is alive in his bassinet. When he wakes up from his five minute cat nap, I am thankful for his smiles. When he cries because he is still hungry, I am thankful I can nurse him and spend the extra time snuggling with him. When his daddy gets home and his whole face lights up, I am thankful I chose the most caring and supportive person to marry and be Lincoln's dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment