Two-month old observations:
~ Lincoln continues to be a very chill baby. He is very happy to sleep on us, play on his activity mat, and now enjoys his swing. At night, he listens to bedtime stories and coos during his bath.
~Lincoln only really cries when he is hungry. He used to show signs of being hungry, hands in mouth, rooting, etc., but now he just goes from being fine to being hungry. He is still a good eater, and I love spending the snuggle time with him. He always puts his hand on my heart which just makes me melt.
~Lincoln is VERY smiley in the mornings. He smiles throughout the day, but he is all smiles and laughs when he first wakes up. He smiles the most when his Daddy makes funny voices and tickles his feet.
~Lincoln is doing better in the car. I know to make to sure his belly is full and usually he is fine for the duration of the ride. But, once he starts crying he does not stop and it is painful for me to drive with him screaming and hiccuping in the backseat!
~Lincoln finally fits into more of his clothes and is starting to outgrow his newborn clothes. It is fun to try out the other clothes in his closet!
~Lincoln slept for nine hours last night! While this is not the norm, I like where this trend is going. He usually sleeps for about five hours and wakes to nurse around 3am. After his "midnight" snack, he goes back into the bassinet. He then proceeds to grunt until 6:30am. He is asleep (or at least appears to be) but I am not!
~Lastly, Lincoln is transitioning to his big boy crib. I try to have him nap in his crib and it usually takes three or so times before he will actually stay asleep in his crib. To be honest though, he usually wins the battle and ends up napping on me which I really don't mind the extra snuggles anyway!
I know I say it every month (or every week~) but I love him more every day. He has made me a mom and Brian a dad, and my heart is so full of love when I cuddle him, play with him, and sleep with my hand on him on night. His personality is showing more each day, and I can't wait to watch this happy little bean grow!


No comments:
Post a Comment