Monday, August 26, 2013

Grandma to the rescue!

I went back to work for a couple of days in August to set up my classroom, attend faculty meetings, and meet my Kindergarteners for the first day of school.  Since we have never left Linc alone nor really plan to for a while, we did not have a babysitter lined up for these three days.  So, I flew my mother in from Florida and she gladly accepted the job!

I was a little nervous to leave him alone for so long, but I knew that Grandma knew what to do - she did raise three amazing, healthy, smart children ya know?!  Grandma got into town on Wednesday and took some extra time to snuggle him, feed him a bottle, and play with Lincoln so he would know her face the next day when I was gone.  Well it seemed to work because Lincoln loved spending time with Grandma and continued to be an easy baby who snuggled with her and ate like a champ!  I was way more upset than he was when I left for the day on Thursday, and I am so thankful that he loved his time with Grandma and they had some real bonding time together.  Brian and I did not make it out on a date night while she was here, but we will soon - we head to Florida this week to the built-in babysitters (Grandma and Grandpa) and Grandma Betsy comes here at the end of October so we may have a chance then!

Thanks Grandma for being Linc's first babysitter and doing such a great job of keeping him company and safe!  xo

Just for the record - examples of text messages between me and Grandma on my first day away:

Me:  Is he asleep?

Grandma:  No

Me:  Is he fussing?

Grandma:  No

Me:  Ok.  Let me know if does start crying and doesn't stop and then I will just leave.

Grandma:  He is doing fine with cuddles with grandma and I am watching Curious George.

Me:  Did he eat?

Grandma:  Yes - 3 ounces

Me (an hour later):  How's he doing?

Grandma:  He is napping now.  I guess he is not into Chopped.

Me:  By 12 he should eat more and if he doesn't then call me.  He needs to eat more than he did.  My phone doesn't work so just call my work at ...

***You can see who the crazy person is in this conversation - this girl!  What can I say...I have a hard time giving up control! :)

I am terrible and did not take any pictures during Mom's visit other than this one on the first night. Oops - we will do better in Florida this week!



No comments: