(Brian here)
Let’s be honest. I LOVE karaoke. Any chance I get, I will sing karaoke. Most of my Midwest friends know this about me and I don’t think it will come as a shock to my East Coast friends. In fact, when I was in New Orleans two months ago for a bachelor party, I found a karaoke bar. Where did we end up Friday night? Singing karaoke! Where did we end up Saturday night? Singing karaoke! And at the wedding this past weekend in Alabama, who was on stage channeling Justin Timberlake’s falsetto hitting the high notes to “Don’t Stop Believin’?” This guy! You know the “notes” app that comes standard on iPhones? I have a running list of my good karaoke songs on it. My love (obsession) is so crazy, that I have plans to open up a karaoke bar with a few of my friends: Sean, Tim, Steven, and Gage. AND since it was my idea, I get to be the full-time MC and on-stage pretty much all the time! (Not really sure they know what they got themselves into, but it’s too late now.) Long story, short – karaoke is awesome!
Lately, I’ve translated my karaoke skills into parenting, and Lincoln seems to be my biggest fan! As you may have read he’s been a little more fussy the past few nights due to the dreaded “6th week growth spurt” (que perilous music Mr. Karaoke MC man.) So last night I held him, rocked him, and sang to him for about an hour in hopes of putting him to sleep – mostly the good stuff: Blink 182, Weezer, Ben Folds, Les Miserables – anything I know the words to. And while I missed the bright lights, the stage, and cheering (booing) people, and while my mission failed, Lincoln did not fall asleep, he did fall into this catatonic state and stared at me with his eyes wide open. He’s been alert with me before, but never like that and never for that long. Needless to say, it was really cool! The thought of his first sentence being “One more song… one more song” has me motivated to try again tonight. Hoping he wants an encore...
No comments:
Post a Comment