![]() |
| The face on the left is his - "I want milk now". The face on the right is how he wakes up after a good night sleep or nap - "I am happy (and a little surprised) to see you"! |
Likes: Eating, sleeping, pooping, playing.
Dislikes: The hours of 7-9pm
Changes observed: Lincoln is reminding us that babies are not so easy. He is still the chill little baby that we brought home from the hospital until the witching hour(s) hits. The witching hour is usually right when Brian gets home and can last anywhere from one hour to a little under two. Lincoln goes on a breast feeding strike and will scream every time I bring him up to nurse. He does not want you to sit down and insists that you walk him around, bounce him, and sing him songs. The first night I fought him for about an hour and was convinced he would nurse. After some tears from both Lincoln and me, Brian gave him a bottle and he chugged the two ounces of pumped milk. On the fourth night of this happening, Brian just gave him a bottle right away and he chugged the three (almost four) ounces. Since I am a big worry wart (thank you Grandma Laessle for that character trait), I called the lactation consultant that works at the pediatrician's office. She said that this is normal and he is more than likely going through a growth spurt or a major developmental leap. I sure hope this passes soon and the developmental leap is worth it - maybe he will wake up reading a book and playing the violin, who knows?! :)

1 comment:
Oh you are growing and changing too fast. Slow down some. Can not wait till aug to see you love grandma. S
Post a Comment