Sunday, May 5, 2013

32 Weeks!


How many weeks?  32 weeks

How do I feel?  Tired...just really tired.

We did have a very productive weekend!  I am a little curious what we are going to do once we get everything ready and the baby is not here yet - we may have to make up some projects to keep us busy!

On Saturday we went to a breastfeeding class.  It was very informative, and I felt more confident after the class.  She talked a lot about the pros for the baby and for me (can we say - burning over 2000 calories a day!!), and the difficulties that some new moms face.  Although I have nannied for many newborns, I do feel nervous about breastfeeding since I obviously have never done it before.  My biggest concern is the organization of pumping and storing milk for daycare, but I am sure that Brian and I will come up with a process that works for us.

When we got home from our class, we got to work in the nursery.  Brian finished the table, and I worked on some crafty artwork for the walls.  We hung everything up in the evening and put the finishing touches on.  We are very proud of our cute, cozy, and sweet little nursery for our baby - and I am most excited that we did it together!  

Enjoying the fruits of his labor 
And then falling asleep 
I just went right to sleep
Without further ado, here is a tour of the nursery.  I usually edit the videos in iMovie and add transitions, titles, and enhancements, but going back to the top of my blog - I am just tired.  But you can still enjoy the raw footage of the nursery (and ignore how my voice automatically goes up two octaves when talking on camera).



We also got our second stroller this weekend - yup our second stroller!  One of our friends did not need his Bugaboo anymore so we gladly took it off his hands.  I am very excited for our "pram" (fancy word for a stroller with four wheels) and it will be a great addition to our already awesome City Mini GT.  Brian and I joke that we now have his and her strollers.  It will be interesting to see 1) which stroller we tend to use more 2) where we will keep both strollers and 3) will I ever jog with our City Mini GT?  Hint:  the answer to one of these questions is NO :)

The City Mini GT that we got delivered on Friday...
Brian thought he was clever by putting his beer in the cup holder - this will not happen in real life...

The Bugaboo that we got on Sunday...
Me and the pram - don't mind the house slippers

(Brian here)

I too am getting very excited. With the nursing class on Saturday, our weekly classes at the hospital and the baby books I am reading, it's all getting very real, but very exciting. I left the nursing class Saturday feeling energized and ready! I've learned so much over the past few weeks, and all without holding a doll or baby! I really need some of that hands on training of how to change a diaper, how to hold a baby, and everything in between. Hopefully we get to that over the last two weeks of the class. I definitely have times of anxiety, but for the most part my excitement has taken over.

Speaking of anxiety, the things weighing on my mind are all "adult" stuff like College Savings Plans and Life Insurance. Do we want the 529 College Savings Plan or another one? Do we want a State specific policy or not? How much life insurance coverage do we need? Term Life or Whole Life? How much should we have coming out of our pay checks for these without it being too much that we can't afford the baby! Oh yea, and we need to write a WILL!!!! So these thoughts have been on my mind lately. I've started some research on CSPs and Life Insurance and while the ball is rolling, it's almost a little overwhelming. We'll need to go to the doctor and get a check-up for the Life Insurance and the odds of that happening (for Shelley) before the baby comes are pretty slim. But I guess everything comes in time and at least some of the research is complete.

But in the mean time, I'll be drinking my Yuengling Lager cans and pushing an empty jogging stroller :-)



No comments: