![]() |
| This is my fake smile because this is how I really feel... |
![]() |
| Just kidding! :) |
How many weeks? 31 weeks
How do I feel? This has been a busy week! I went to the doctor this week and had a great checkup. My weight is right on track (up 2 pounds which is par for gaining a pound a week at this point) and my belly measured right at 30 weeks which is what I was when I went. The doctor was telling me to make sure I do my kick counts every night, but then she went to listen to the heartbeat and starting laughing. She said, "I don't think you really have to do kick counts - he is very happy and active in there!" And, he loves to keep me up for most of the night! I couldn't be happier though and love when I feel him roll from side to side.
We went to our first birthing class this week, too. There were only two other couples there so it was an intimate class, and Brian and I found ourselves doing most of the talking since the other couples were quiet. We learned about how our bodies work to make babies (no surprises there) and how the baby matures throughout the 40 weeks. We watched one labor and delivery movie, and Brian handled it pretty well :) Then we practiced some exercises that may help us labor at home with some comfort as well as one breathing technique. I do a lot of research (ok, probably too much research) so I knew the information being presented, but it is nice to know that Brian and I now know the same information and can use similar language.
On Wednesday, the K-Kids threw me an amazing baby shower at school. The parents came together and had fresh flowers on the tables, a delicious healthy spread of food, and really cute decorations. The kids all decorated bibs for the baby and I spent a lot of time opening and admiring gifts that they got me. It was a wonderful day, and I am so blessed to have such great relationships with the parents in the my classroom each year.
We also worked more on the nursery and baby items this week. We bought our jogging stroller which we are pretty excited about and bought our play mat for the baby to hang out on (hopefully peacefully while I cook dinner :). Brian was in charge of sanding down my father's old table from when he was a child and paint it white to match the furniture. It looks awesome! I was in charge of creating some custom art work for the walls. We asked one of Brian's friends to create three prints using lines from our three special wedding songs - our first dance, my father/daughter dance, and Brian's dance with his mother. Each line is it's own print, and I am so excited to hang them in Baby Brown's room and sing the beautiful songs to him (and he will love my singing, damn it!).
| Spying on Brian as he sands the table outside |



No comments:
Post a Comment