How do I feel? Same as last week - tired, big, and tired. I can't sleep, but luckily the adrenaline of teaching and managing 20 children keeps me going through the days. I catch up on sleep a little bit on the weekends and then do it all over again. My body feels sore after work and my ankles are slowing disappearing. Today we worked on the nursery, and I could feel every little squat, box lift, and cleaning baseboard pain in my back. But, at the end of the day this little guy kicks like absolute crazy and it makes it all worth it.
We had our shower on Saturday, and it was wonderful! I was sooooooo worried and held such anxiety about it over the week, but not only did it look great but the food was wonderful and our friends showed up! I was convinced that no one would come :( My sister and Shaun came in on Friday, and it was really nice to have them there on Saturday for the party. A lot of my Roycemore friends came, my best bridesmaids, and Brian's friends joined the crowd as well. The timing worked out that everyone pretty much got there at the same time and left around the same time A couple of boys stayed until about 4pm, but I guess it is hard to kick out boys when there is free food and beer! Brian really seemed to enjoy himself, and he was really excited to look the loving cards and presents when we got home. I absolutely cannot wait for him to read the picture and chapter books that we received - I read children's books everyday and know the beauty of the stories, but most of these stories are all new to him. It will be fun for him to discover the stories as he reads to Baby Brown in our sweet little nursery.| Hostess(es) with the mostest(es) |
This coming week I have a doctor appointment and a baby shower hosted by the Kindergarteners. It should be a very fun (or at least funny) week!
No comments:
Post a Comment