Monday, April 15, 2013

29 Weeks!


How many weeks? 29 weeks

How do I feel? I am 29 weeks and feeling it.  I had a minor melt down this weekend as I was shopping for a dress for my shower.  I, for some unknown reason, thought I could wear my normal extra small sized dress from the Ann Taylor Loft and of course I could not.  It fit in most places other than my huuuuuge belly! Needless to say I looked and felt like a beached whale.  Brian eventually calmed me down and coaxed me out of the dressing room, and we headed to a maternity clothing store.  I did find a dress that fits.  It is not 100% my style, but it fits and looks okay.  Crisis averted and once again Brian saved the day :)

And now onto our guest blogger, Brian...

And I bought her the dress! :-)

Pregnancy is going well. Last weekend I had my Gaslight retirement party. Lots of friends came in for the party, and it was a very fun day/night! Shelley was patient with me Sunday morning as I was a little sluggish in the morning, but I rebounded nicely and we had a nice afternoon. With Gaslight in my rear view mirror, and both days of my weekend free, it is all about the baby! Between studying up on my baby 101 books and putting finishing touches on the nursery, it's all business!

Next weekend is our baby shower, and I am very excited. It will be a fun, "guy-friendly" day with beer, barbecue and babies. I'm very much looking forward to seeing our friends and having a very chill weekend. Sarah Streitenberger and Shaun will be in town and will help increase the fun. Friday night we're heading to The Second City comedy club, the world famous Saturday Night Live training ground. It will be my third time attending and it's always amazing!

To bring you the behind the scenes, regardless of what Shelley says, she is not sleeping well, if at all. She's up multiple times during the night going to the bathroom, drinking water, or having nightmares! And with every wake up, I usually wake up too. It's not really fun for either one of us, but about 1000 times less fun for her. I also wake up when I hear her start to breathe deeply which usually signifies when she is sleeping on her back (and shouldn't be!).  The fact that I hear her boggles my mind because I am a deep sleeper by nature and am able to hear Shelley over the fan blowing in my face. I like to think that me and "Junior" have connected over this.

Lastly, "Junior's" wardrobe is coming along. We've gotten some really cute things from friends and family, and we can't wait for the fashion show to begin! Shelley gets such joy out of washing his little clothes and folding/hanging them.  She is in the nursery a lot, and I sometimes catch her just standing there and smiling while looking into his closet.

Next week - 30 weeks with only 10 more to go!

No comments: