Sunday, May 12, 2013

33 Weeks!

We went to a school event honoring the impeding retirement of my school's Headmaster this weekend. It was nice to get dressed up, go out for the evening, and be with good friends.  I did learn a lesson - let's not wear heels at 33 weeks pregnant and stand for half of the evening.  My body did not feel very good when we got home, and I was still pretty sore today!

Not sure why but the photos are a bit blurry with a shadow around my belly and Brian - will have to work on learning more about our new camera before this baby comes!




Brian showing off his 33 week bump :)


The Roycemore Lower School girls
How do I feel?  Big.  I had another doctor's appointment this week, and although my weight is on track~ my belly is big!  She jokingly said, "Please just make it to 37 weeks" and to not give her a preemie.  This little guy will come when he wants, but I would love if he could wait until 39 weeks which is when research shows that babies are actually full-term.  My body is slowing down for sure and the Kindergarten days are getting longer, but I only have 17 more days of school and I am convinced I can do it.  I did move up our big culmination night just in case I can't.  Luckily, my blood pressure is still ok (102/62) and the baby's heartbeat was strong (145-155) and was right below my belly button.  Baby Brown is doing a lot of pushing against the sides of my stomach.  Brian was playing a little game with him where Brian would push in and Baby Brown would push out.  It was cute until Baby Brown was pushing a little too hard and it got pretty uncomfortable!

We took it slow this weekend for baby work and enjoyed our night out on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday.  Brian surprised with a cute card and an appointment for a prenatal massage at my favorite massage/yoga place.  We also went to brunch at my favorite Andersonville restaurant.  Then we headed to Old Navy to pick up two more summer maternity dresses, and those dresses will be the last pieces of maternity wear that I will buy!  I am pretty proud that I have purchased very few maternity pieces - you just don't wear them that long!  Thankfully my dress pants still fit with the belly band and I wear a lot of my sweaters and tops that I already had.  In about seven weeks I will pack up these clothes and aim to get back into my "normal" sundresses and capris!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better save those maternity dresses for baby brown,s sister.

Shelley Brown said...

Hopefully it will be the same season so I can!