Here I am at 21 weeks...
Just kidding!
This week was crazy in my classroom - we celebrated our 100th day of school by dressing up to be 100 years old, had a Valentine's Day party and decorated our huge box cars. It took a lot of energy, but it was worth it in the end to see the kiddos have such a great time. I am pretty sure the people at the post office were a little confused to see me coming on Monday - a pregnant 100-year-old woman is surely one for the medical journals.
How am I feeling? I am starting to get very curious about a really random thing - the scars on my stomach. Let me back up and say that I have eleven scars on my stomach. Yep, 11. It looks like I was in a knife fight. Between my gallbladder removal and too much sunbathing (moles removed), I have a lot of little scars around my belly button and up through the middle of my stomach. I realized, while I was in the bathtub last night, that the scars are getting bigger. I never really thought of that being a concern, but they are getting much bigger and really stretched out. I guess I hopefully can avoid very little stretch marks, but there is no way around the scars. It will be interesting to see what they look like after four more months and how they will look after I work to get my body back. Hmmmm..interesting science experiment!
Cravings? The baby is the size of a banana and surprisingly I have been craving them! Really any fruit or smoothie will do, but I do love bananas.
Weight gain? There is no way I am going to stay the same size so for now I am going to take this out of the weekly questions. Especially after one of the older teachers made a remark about how my belly is growing "not just out but all around" and I just about kicked her in the shins. Really lady? I am growing a baby here and already super self-concisous. Not polite.
We will be spending the weekend cleaning the storage unit downstairs to store our grown-up things and begin to "baby-ize" the apartment. Fun times!


1 comment:
I hope I look this good when I turn 100 (if I make it to that age). Don't you just love it when a holiday and the 100th day of school collide? No one but a teacher understands this madness!
Post a Comment