How do I feel? I can feel the baby kicking throughout the day which is a really cool feeling. He kicks a lot at night when I finally sit down. There are some kicks that are so hard that I think Brian can feel them, and he actually was able to feel one kick last night! I love those little kicks though and looking forward to feeling them even more in the coming months.
Cravings? Shamrock shakes - but mostly because they are in season!
Weight gain? I have not weighed myself since last week, but my work pants still fit and my belly is getting bigger. I just had my last session with my personal trainer so now it is up to me to make myself go to the gym and work out. I went on Friday night with Brian (thank goodness for his positive influence) and felt pretty good with my own cardio and strength training. Brian also just treated me to a brand new workout outfit from lululemon, and it may make me excited to go to the gym!
Over the past few weeks, the guest bedroom had become a storage area for pretty much everything. Boxes, baby clothes, bags, a pair of dress pants that I need repaired since I split the butt seam at work (true story), pretty much anything and everything. On Sunday we tackled it and more. We started with the closet and removed all of our possessions to make room for baby stuff. We also tackled under our bed and various storage areas. We made piles of trash, donations, and for our storage unit in the basement. We put two paint samples on the wall (one we really liked, one was too blue) and we set up the Graco Pack and Play that was generously donated to us by one of Shelley's Roycemore School families. The P and P looks great and got me really excited! In addition we did some shopping for below the changing table storage baskets, a play area rug, and some additional paint samples.
Next weekend I took off from working at the bar. Our plan is clean up our basement storage area and organize it so we can store the guest bed, put the crib together, and continue getting our apartment ready for the baby. There is plenty to do and hopefully our weekly supply of delivery pizza and shamrock shakes continues to fuel us!


2 comments:
Two busy people embarking on the glorious journey of parenthood. You can read books, listen to "experts" and Google all day and all night but no one can explain parenthood. You have to experience it. And it is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
A beautiful baby with wonderful parents. Each passing day will bring more joy. Enjoy the ride.
Post a Comment