Sunday, February 3, 2013

19 Weeks!


I am starting to realize that I wear a lot of stripes!

How many weeks?  19 weeks

How do I feel?  I feel awesome!  Knowing the baby is our sweet little boy makes everything feel even more real.  I am starting to feel his little kicks, especially at night when I am finally sitting still.  I can't wait for Brian to feel the kicks and know this little guy may end up being his soccer star. :)

Cravings?  Nothing in particular.

Weight gain?  I had my doctor appointment with Dr. Barbara Diakos on Tuesday,  and I am up a total of six pounds.  It feels like all six pounds are in my tummy and chest!

As the video shows in the post below, we found out that we are having a boy!  Brian and I are beyond excited to meet this little one, make sure his name fits, and bring him home in June.  We found out on Monday evening, and by Tuesday I had already bought a crib skirt, a rug, and drapes from Pottery Barn along with a cute little sleeper that is blue.  I also added more "boy" things to both of our registries and created a "inspiration board" for our nursery.  A friend from school gave me a bag of boy clothing, and as I was unfolding them and organizing the clothes, I was crying (chalk it up to pregnancy hormones) over how little the outfits are and how little this baby will be when we first come home.  

I shared the baby boy news with my Kindergarteners on Tuesday.  We had a little "baby party" and the kids guessed whether the baby was a boy or girl.  They wrote ideas for names, what the little one will like to do, and how big the baby will be when he is born.  I brought the cake from the night before (we had only had a sliver of it), and slowly pulled it out the box.  The kiddos saw the blue frosting and started cheering.  It was another tear jerker and was so awesome to share with my Roycemore kids, and they enjoyed eating the yummy cake!

                             

                             

Some of my favorite name suggestions were:  Dragon Slasher, Math, Barth, and Pete.  The K-Kids wanted me to know that this little baby will cry, sleep, drink milk, and play with blocks.  I should be a bit worried if their predictions are correct that the baby will be as big as a penguin, chair or a cabinet!  

No comments: