Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ultrasound #2

Well, my doctor's office called on Tuesday and told me a very cryptic way to get get an ultrasound the next day.  I was taken a back (and actually out to dinner with colleagues) and cried from the terror of what made Dr. Diakos order the test.  After much researching, talking with my mother and stepping away from the situation, I have realized that she must just want an expert look at what is happening inside and check my tubes.

Brian went with me to the hospital on Wednesday (thank goodness!) and got to see the entire ultrasound.  The technician is not allowed to give a lot of details, but he did show me the sac, my ovaries (looks like I ovulated on my right side) and then came back to the uterus.  When looking at the sac, he wrote "?yolk sac" with an arrow next to a faint bubble.  Then he went to the ovaries and spent a lot of time there.  His second time looking at the sac, we finally saw the yolk sac fairly clear.  He wrote "yolk sac" and I said, "I notice you took the question mark away :)."  I was quietly freaking out because I knew that at 5 weeks and 5 days we should see at least the yolk sac, and there it was, clear as eggs :)

Not my yolk, but similar to what mine looked like...
I go back to Dr. Diakos, as scheduled, on Tuesday.  It is election day so will be memorable - hopefully for both good reason!  I think she will give me the ultrasound results and may do another one to find a heartbeat (fingers crossed!).

Today marks 6 weeks and 2 days.  I feel queasy, have sore boobs, and pee a lot.  Other than that I cannot complain.  It is further than I made it with the last pregnancy, and I continue to pray and hope for good things to come.


No comments: