Saturday, November 10, 2012

7 Weeks 1 day

Tuesday was election day and to be my next doctor appointment.  I went to bed on Monday pretty sick and woke up on Tuesday with the full blown flu.  I called the doctor and she said I could still come in, but I should come in during the lunch break when no patients were there.

I hobbled in and probably looked terrible.  They got me right in, and of course I peed in a cup and they weighed me.  I had lost quite a bit of weight from being sick so Dr. Diakos prescribed me an anti-nasuea medicine which ended up to be a God send.

She did the internal ultrasound and as she was doing it told me that my last ultrasound at the hospital looked great.  She said it was definitely in-uterine pregnancy and that my hormones did not just double in the 48 hours but tripled.  As she was doing the ultrasound, I asked her if she thought we would see the heartbeat.  She said she thought it was too early (6w4d), but as she turned to the wand a little not only did we see a teeny tiny tadpole attached to the bubble of a yolk sac, we also saw a little flicker of a heartbeat!  Dr. Diakos "fell" on top of me and said she was so excited she was going to pass out! :)  I was beyond happy and relieved and amazed to see that little flicker, and I absolutely cannot wait to hear the heartbeat soon!

Because I am doing so well, Dr. Diakos does not want to see me for four weeks.  It seems like a long time but I am sure it will fly by.

I turned 7 weeks yesterday (11/9), and morning sickness has sunk in.  For me, I just feel nausea all day and have severe food aversions.  I joked yesterday that our baby is going to be Italian because only pizza and pasta sound good right now.  Through parent teacher conferences I really struggled with my tummy, but I survived and in a month or so the parents will definitely understand my issues!

I am enjoying every minute of being pregnant - even the sick feeling and endless crackers and ginger ale!

No comments: