Saturday, October 27, 2012

5 Weeks

The doctor office called on Thursday (Oct. 25) and the receptionist relayed my results.  She started by saying my urine was fine, I was HIV negative, my other blood results were great.  Then she said my levels were 497.  I said, "That is low, isn't it."  She said, "Yes.  I will put them on the doctor's desk right now."

I freaked out.  I cried in the Target parking lot.  I prayed.

As I did more thinking and research (thank goodness for Google!), it seems like my levels are in fact within a normal range for how early I am.  I went back to the lab on Friday and will get those results on Monday - those numbers need to at least move up by 66% and preferably double within the 48 hour window.  I will be calling the office when they open on Monday!!

After I cried in the Target parking lot, I pulled it together and went in to get some things for the Halloween party at school the next day.  I drove home and missed my turn onto Ridge.  I was at Clark, two streets away from my turn when a biker fell.  I was watching him get up and to make sure he was okay when I hit a cab.  I hit him hard - bumper to bumper.

I was jolted and it hurt.  The cab driver was so kind and told me to head on home.  The car seems ok - I may have bumped up the hood a bit.  My biggest fear is the impact on the baby.  I guess this is how parenthood will be - child first and always worrying.  Hopefully my pelvic bones, skin, fat, and uterus blocked the blow to the bean!!!

Waiting anxiously for Monday - will update when I know!

No comments: