Mom came up and spent the weekend with me. I really had low side effects from the drug, and the doctor is really impressed with my number falling as fast as they are. For the drug to be deemed effective, the hcg should drop 15% in seven days, and mine dropped over 50% in five days and have dropped another 100 in two days (total of 7 days after the shot).
Dr. Diakos decided that I can go to Mexico, and I beyond excited! I need the vacation, and although I am a little nervous of being so far away from a hospital, I am excited to be with Brian and forget about this drama for a while. I cannot drink, lay out in the sun, have sex, or eat folic acid but I know we will have a great time together.
Through this whole saga, I am so appreciative of friends and family. I cannot even explain how much support I have received from friends at work and via email and the phone. I have been so surprised by some people - in either direction - but no matter what thoughts and good wishes make me feel better and helps the healing process. Brian has been my rock, and he deserves the best husband award He is strong, calm, and makes me laugh when I need it the most. I am still so thankful he was with me in the hospital when I got the shot, because that has been one of the hardest moment so far and he made it so easy.
I lost a baby, but I have not lost hope that one day I will be a mother. I am not sure if it is possible to love a baby more than a mother already does, but I know I will hug that baby even tighter when I finally do!
Update - my levels of HcG through the weeks:
July 15 - 430
July 17 - 376
July 30 - 1240
July 31 - 1245
Aug 2 - 1290
Aug 7 - 587
Aug 9 - 476
Aug 18 - 25
Aug 29 - 1
No comments:
Post a Comment