The first museum was in Mansfield, and the boys really enjoyed the dramatic play areas and the huge choo choo display. It was called Little Buckeye, and I think we will try to go about once a year to enjoy the two levels of activities.
The trains were such a hit that I took the boys to the main public library and the kiddos spent a lot of time looking at the large train display that is there for the holidays. Declan insisted on wearing his boots (that he never wears) so he was slooooooow moving that day.
We had stopped at McDonalds, and they played with this little elephant more than any Christmas toy. Then the batteries died...whew!
We spent another day at a museum in Dayton. The content was a little above the children's heads, but they LOVED the recycling truck because it would spit out the trash and then you put it back in. A little boy's dream :)
They also had a courtroom area and a jail. Again, a little boy's dream and a mama's worst nightmare.
We really enjoyed our time together and still have two more days to be with these boys. They are only this age once, and I am so thankful we were all healthy and beginning to bond even more as a family and the boys as brothers.
The below picture is when I let Declan sleep with me for a nap. We do not co-sleep, but he was having a rough day. It was actually really nice to snuggle with him and spend that quiet time with him that sometimes doesn't happen. I don't want him in the bed very often, but this moment was really sweet for both of us.
Moving into 2017. May it be filled with smiles, hugs, tickles, words and more words, hope and love.























No comments:
Post a Comment