My sister decided to walk over with Nolan, and we all walked to school together. Linc's school is about a mile away so it is not far, but it was a cold start to the day! Linc handled it like a champ while the rest of us were freezing and complaining. Lincoln did have a tiny crash on his way to school (are you kidding, me - the one day I take him!!), but he quickly recovered. We got to school, Linc parked his bike, demanded his backpack, stuck it on his back, and walked through the doors. I was just standing there...still waiting for a hug, and the kid was in the doors. It is his routine, and I am so happy that he has transitioned to school so well but REALLY JUST A TEAR would be great. :)
I walked Declan in the stroller with Sarah pushing Nolan, and we headed to breakfast at the Der. We ate (well, Declan did not eat), and then Declan and I headed home. This is where the glorious moments happened - one child at home. ONE CHILD AT HOME. No fighting. No yelling. No taking toys. Declan and I had a great morning together, and I am so glad that I did not try to fit in an errand but rather just hung out with him. My favorite moment was this...
Yep. Watching the Price is Right with my favorite (at the time) child. He was so excited, and boy oh boy was I too! He is yelling - Come on down!
At 11:30 we picked up Lincoln. Linc did run out of school and gave me a huge hug! Taking him to school was not quite what I was expecting, but that hug was worth it. They took naps (and so did I) and then we played until Dad got home. I could do that everyday - as long as someone paid me money to do it!
**This post is all Declan photos. Too often Lincoln takes over my photos, and today it is about the Little Guy - who is almost 2. And, why yes, he went through 3 outfits in one day. Powdered sugar, mud, and a leaky diaper. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment